2021 Ealing Council By-Elections – Want to be an Ealing Councillor? Apply Now!
Applications Now Open
(Closing date 18/12/2020)
Ealing Labour Party has opened applications for candidates, ahead of the three local by-elections that will take place on 6 May 2021. If you are interested in becoming a local Labour Party candidate – and would consider standing in either Hobbayne, Ealing Broadway, or Hanger Hill wards – please apply now.
Applications close on December 18, 2020.
This is a short process aimed at having our candidates in place, active and able to embed themselves in their communities in the run-up to the by-elections on May 6, 2021. There are three phases to the selection process, with timings as follows:
1. Self-Nomination Form and Required Documents – 1. Self-nomination Form, 2. Declarations Form, 3. Code of Conduct, 4. Register of Interests, 5. Monitoring Form – to be completed and returned by December 18, 2020 to email@example.com
2. Interviews by Assessment Team – held in first two weeks of January 2021. Successful candidates are then included on the ‘panel of candidates’
3. Ward(s) Shortlisting & Selection Meetings – held in first two weeks of February 2021. One candidate selected for each ward.
We are looking for diverse and capable local Labour candidates able to represent, and representative of, their communities. Applications are encouraged from those who are from BAME communities, women, disabled, LGBT, working class and/or young. If you are not considering applying yourself, but know of local Labour members who you believe would make valuable contribution at local government level, please encourage them to put their names forward. This could be your chance to make a real difference in your local community – and bring about the sort of change we all joined the Labour Party to deliver.
Applicants should also note that:
Hobbayne ward will be a women-only candidates shortlisting & selection process.
All nominees for the panel of local election candidates should:
• be normally resident in the area of the relevant local authority, and
• hold their party membership in the area of the relevant local authority, and
• have been members of the party for at least 12 months
• be a member of a trade union.
You can find out more about what it takes to become a Labour councillor – the role as well as the process of applying – at ‘Standing as a Councillor‘.
Please return your Self-Nomination Form and signed documents to the LCF Secretary Craig Smith by the end of Friday, December 18 2020 – at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday December 18 – Deadline for applications for May 2021 by-elections (Hobbayne, Ealing Broadway, Hanger Hill)
Week 1 w/c January 4 Assessment Team interviews candidates for May 2021 by-elections
Week 2 w/c January 11 Assessment Team interviews candidates for May 2021 by-elections
Week 4 w/c January 25 Appeals against rejection (heard by REC) candidates for May 2021 by-elections
Week 5 w/c February 1 Appeals against rejection (heard by REC) candidates for May 2021 by-elections
Week 6 w/c February 8 Ward shortlisting meetings (Hobbayne, Ealing Broadway, Hanger Hill only)
Week 7 w/c February 15 Ward selection meetings (Hobbayne, Ealing Broadway, Hanger Hill only)